5.31.2006

 

Way To Go, Caryn Johnson.

I see it's been nearly a fortnight since I last posted something new, so I thought what better time to get back into the swing than to say...

I was right.

Yup, I boldly predicted that WKTU would eventually carry the syndicated Whoopi Goldberg morning program, which for the record, is titled "Wake Up With Whoopi". You would think such a show would be based on the West Coast, and it probably is - but its 5-9 AM ET live feed got me thinking, and led me to that bold prediction.

And with all due respect to Baltazar and Goomba Johnny, their novelty wore off after about five years. Surely they'll land another gig soon... and this leads to my next bold prediction here on the BARB... Mornings at WNEW-FM. You know, the "new" Mix 102.7 - who's stocked up on pretty much every other WKTU castaway they could get their hands on... To be honest, I don't even listen to 102.7 in the morning - correct me if I'm wrong, is Rick Stacy still there? Anyway, at least locally, "B&G" are familiar to New Yorkers.

Actually, let me now alter my bold prediction here - oh yeah, "B&G" are still headed for 'NEW. But not in mornings - they'd be in direct competition with Opie & Anthony on brother station 92.3 (and clearly 102.7 is the "sister" station in this family). So it would make sense for "B&G" to do afternoons on 102.7 - four years removed from their last afternoon duo now on 92.3 in the morning. Hey, CBS, aren't you glad Stern's gone now?

The Big Apple Radio Blog. I may not post regularly. But when I do post, it's right.
Comments:
Rick Stacy is gone from WNEW. Looking at the last 12+ ratings, Mix is below a 2!
 
How can we forget CBS owns "the bottom three" of FM's in Market No. 1. Simon Cowell would call it "awful"...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?